The Pololu S8V3A voltage regulator is a switching regulator or switched-mode power supply (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converter with a single-ended primary-inductor converter (SEPIC) topology. It takes an input voltage between 1.5 V to 12 V that can be increased or decreased with a screwdriver by turning the potentiometer. The output voltage produces ranges between 2V and 12V and can be verified using a multimeter. The output current is 300mA. This device is well-suited for battery-powered applications in which the output voltage is decreasing while battery is discharging.
The S8V3A regulator has a shutdown feature that can also be used as an under-voltage protection mechanism for batteries that respond poorly to being over-discharged. The shutdown threshold can be set with one external resistor; please see the Shutdown section below for details.
The regulator has under-voltage protection, and thermal shutdown prevents damage from overheating; the board does not have reverse-voltage protection. For applications where the output is significantly different from the input, a regulator optimized for boosting (stepping up) or bucking (stepping down) is more efficient, but for small applications where efficiency is not a top priority, this board can be a convenient.
- output voltage that can be higher than, the same as, or lower than the input voltage
- recommended input voltage: 2 to 12 V
- adjustable output voltage between 2 and 12 V
- typical continuous output current: 300 mA (Actual continuous output current depends on input voltage)
- 1.5 MHz switching frequency
- integrated over-temperature protection
- 1x voltage regulator
- 1x 1x4 2.54 mm male header
- 1x 1x4 2.54 mm right angle male header
|Dimensions L x W x H||1.75cm x 1.0cm x 0.4cm|
|Input Voltage (Limits)||1.5V to 16V|
|Output Current (Limits)||300 mA|
|Output Voltage||2V to 12V|
Pololu Adjustable Step-Up/Step-Down Voltage Regulator S8V3A
- Pololu Voltage Regulator S8V3A to regulate battery current and voltage.
- Availability: 7 (France)
- 7.73€ Euro 4.29€ Euro